Consulting is the act of giving expert advice to people working in a professional or technical field to a third party for a fee.
Consulting is most often used when a company needs an outside, expert opinion regarding a business decision. Example, a company wishing to sell its products in another country may hire a consultant with knowledge of the business practices of that country.
The consultant will inform the company about the best practices that should be followed, what to expect from customers, and how to deal with foreign regulations.
Consulting can come in many flavours like technical, legal, international, security (electrical or physical), management (education, accountancy, law, human resources, marketing and public relations.
Consultants can give their advice in a variety of forms. Often reports and presentations are used, but in some specialised fields, the consultant may use (or build) customised software or product for the client. In some cases the advice can be made public by putting it online, but in many cases it remain the sole property of the client.
Where can you find consultants in the UK ? below will be a list of some of the more well known ones :-
- Consultancy UK is an advisory and consulting industry platform for UK-based consultants. The website has the latest news and trends in the consulting sector, follows the developments and publications of consulting firms across 60+ industries and functional areas and provides an overview of career opportunities for professionals interested in working in consultancy.
- List of consulting firms in London, UK is a good resource if you need a consultant based in or around the city.
- Hunter Adams provides consultants for one day, a few weeks or months. Whether it's HR Interim, Fixed Term Contract or Permanent recruitment; they have a pipeline of first class consultants ready to go.
- Clutch has compiled a list of the top 426 IT consultants based in London.
- The HR Division offers everything that you would normally expect from a professional, bespoke outsourced HR consultancy based in London. Their dedicated HR team can provide the services outlined below. If you do not see what you need from the services listed, please let them know – they can deliver any form of HR practice to support your business.
- HR Bridge Consulting Ltd is an Anglo-French consultancy based in London that provides solutions to international companies who put Human Resources in the heart of their strategy and decisions. They specialise in post-Brexit consultation (advice on how to turn Brexit to your advantage), international HR operations, employment law in practise, corporate restructuring, HR strategy and project management.
- Indeed has many listings for Senior Change Managers, Business Change Managers, Project coordinators, Project Managers, Logistics Operations Project Managers and HR / Business Transformation Graduate schemes.
- Infinity Group IT Consultancy has six offices in the UK: Kent, Sussex, Surrey, Birmingham and two in London, one is located in The Shard, central London.
- FT Research has compiled a list of the UK’s Leading Management Consultants 2019: ratings and analysis.